Sunday 21 April 2013

April/May/June 2013

Hello everyone I hope all is well out there for you all.

I have some shows coming up soon and will fill you in with the latest ramblings below
As some of you know my re-release of 'Trip To Dingle' made it Album of the Week in Ireland on Charlie McGettigan's Arts Hour Program, It also was featured on Radio National's 'The Daily Planet' with host and great musician Lucky Oceans. Turns out Lucky and myself have haunted some of the same places along the south west and west coasts of Ireland.
Thank you Lucky for the Airplay!
Here is his show on this link
You Can also still purchase my music direct from me here if you like or itunes and CD Baby.

Tour:
I have some cool shows coming up!
Australian Celtic Festival, including the Australian Celtic Music Awards on
MAY - 3,4 and 5th May at Glen Inness, NSW


11th MAY I'm playing guitar for Mother Natures Orchestra at a 'Lock the Gate' concert
Details will be on my facebook page or here at the MNO Facebook page

Richard Gilewitz is making yet even another return to Australia ( yes another, Seems he getting popular down here) and I'll be sharing the stage with him at Zamia Theatre on Tamborine mountain, Saturday 25th May 7.00 pm.
Tickets will be $15 pre book and $20 at the door. The Show with my mates the 'Nearly All Irish' trio sold out and I have decided to hire the sweet little hall and try again.

For enquiries concerning this event;
Steve Seaton on 0403 124 200  or
email info [@] looseacoustic.com.au

Gilewitz Miller show

JUNE:
9th June I'll be taking part of a brand new festival near Nerang,QLD with Coast Acoustics who organise some great shows. This will be the first Folk and Bluegrass festival on the gold coast. I'm up first in the morning. Details will appear on my facebook page nearer to the time, Feel free to send me an email asking about any of my events, I'll let you know as mush as I know!! You can also ask about this festival here at Coast Acoustics


I'll be doing plenty of recording over May and June also Hopefully


And remember My Friends Ben Jordan and Greg Humphreys would love to visit Australia for a tour, not by any means at the same time but that wouldn't hurt either I'm sure.  Please email me if you like to try and organise something for them or you can contact them below.

Here is Ben and here is Greg

I met Ben and Greg in Prague a couple years and and really liked the music they were playing.
I met so many great new friends and musicians on that trip, I hope to return.
Coal Seam Gas!
My Friends have written a anti Fracking song, I am happy to be involved with this and be apart of this great movement.
Our Friend Andrew Mitch set up his little camera and we recorded it live on the Balcony and it came out pretty good for a live take. I like the kids holding the signs :)  .
have a look here


I had the privilege of being able to see The Waterboys perform twice on their first ever visit to Australia, Wow! What a live band. One of the best live acts I've seen. I saw them in Brisbane doing one of their 'standard' shows and in Sydney performimg their 'Mr Yeats' Show. With flute and Vocal by no other than Local girl Sarah Calderwood! Rock on Sarah.
I was also very blessed and was able to see the amazing Paul Brady , What a songwriter and performer! Thanks for coming way down under Mr Brady, And thanks to Troubadour Touring for getting me in the door. I'm spoilt so I am.
A Special Hello to my Europe/UK friends,
Hope to share the stage with you all again some time soon.
Thanks To Chris Melville a great guitar repairer,maintainer and world class luthier
http://www.melvilleguitars.com
and also G7th Capos
http://www.g7th.com/


Well that's about it from me. Hope you enjoy this little read and take care out there and feel free to email me and say hi, and once again sorry about the first few newsletters sent, Somedays I just can't seem to work some html code stuff!

You can follow me on the below social network sites

reverbnation myspace twitter facebook youtube Store
www.peter-miller.com

Peter Miller
Po Box 8533 GCMC Bundall
Queensland Australia 9726

No comments: