Thursday 21 May 2020

Award win

Hello everyone,
I hope you all are well. My first newsletter in a long time.
Social Media these days for me is a quick way to get some news out and I often forget all about the newsletters.

I have some great news though
I won the best male artist category and the Australian Celtic Music Awards
which was a great treat!

I had no tours or much public performance last year and early this year, however producing two albums and submitting them along with some individual tracks probably pushed me over the line.
Here's a photo of me with the award!




Speaking of the Albums from last year.
Simplicity an album of guitar tracks ( it's the only music I can play), some tracks include accompaniment by strings and other instruments. Which by the way was my first ever attempt at this style of arranging and I quite enjoyed the process.
The cover is a photo of a sunset in Indonesia on the island Simeulue which I took in July 2019.



My 2nd release which was not long after Simplicity is the Passages album.
This album includes both new and old tracks that never made it to any other album.
Some dating back to around 2007 right up to 2019. The cover photo on the album is by Sander van der Werf
and purchased from a stock footage website. He has his own website at www.sandervanderwerf.nl



MP3 sales
As many of you know it's getting harder and harder to purchase music downloads of an artist.
CD baby dropped their store, iTunes planning on migrating to Apple Music (streaming only).
The best option to purchase downloads of my music is at BandCamp
here it is here petermiller.bandcamp.com
I don't have the Simplicity and Passages albums on CDs yet, I think I will wait till I start hitting the road again before doing so.
I really only sell CDs when I'm playing at an actual venue.

A common name
Peter Miller is a very common name, There are 3 others is Australia in the music industry.
Quite a well known artist in UK and one or two more in USA, There's probably more too.
PeterMiller.com is taken, PeterMiller.com.au and PeterMillerGuitar.com both taken.
last year I received a few emails regarding a write up and a new album yet at the time I had no music out!
Turns out it was South Australian based Peter Miller!
I've still got both Peter-Miller.com and PeterMillerMusic.com registered and probably best to jeep them both!
They'll get snapped up real quick as soon as they are not registered. Maybe I need a new stage name?
Something East European maybe :) , but on the other hand, if I get a bad review I can say it was one of the other Peter Millers...

Take care everyone and see you around soon somewhere I hope!

Regards
'This' Peter Miller 

No comments: