Tuesday 6 January 2015

2014 Tour

Hello everyone I hope you are well.
I had a pretty good tour this time in Ireland and Germany. I didn't make it to Czech Republic this tour, however played some new places in Germany and Ireland so it made up for it.

First stop after the long flight was Ballyboughal Folk Club in the Fingal district of Dublin. It was a real treat to play music with the locals there. I love small towns!! Next was one of my favourite regular places to stop and play and spend a night or two, The Sheelagh Na Gig bookstore in Cloughjordan.

After the Cloughjordan gig I high tailed it out of there and caught a plane to Hamburg where I was greeted by Martin Kasperek , a good old friend of mine I first met in Tasmania in 2007. I really enjoyed roaming the street of Hamburg and surrounds and had a great tour guide for most of it. It is an area where my Great Grand Parents were born from my Father's side.

I played 3 shows in 3 nights thanks to Martin's booking skills. 1st was a house concert in Ellarau, then a Cafe concert at UNIKAT, and finally a nice show at a  teaching studio called Voice at Home Studios which is run by Tinna Zahn. The Germans really know how to organise things . I hope I return soon.
Live in Germany, pic by Martin
Photo by Martin
After this it was Back to Ireland again.
First was The Grape Escape wine bar in BlackRock (they never payed me, the buggers), Then a lovely gig with John Spillane in Gort at the Gallery Cafe, Then it was the descent drive up to Sligo for a spot at McGarrigles. Then I did a spot in Sailor's Bar on Clare Island, off to Clifden Arts week after that, there I opened for the Rob Strong band ( Remember the hit Mustang Sally, great guys to open for, had a laugh with the kind folk)  and also did a show for the old folks at the local nursing home.

Clifden Office
The Clifden Info Caravan

I played my first ever show in Inis Meáin (Inishmaan), one of the Aran Islands. it has a population of about 200 and needless to say I got to have a couple swims all by myself!
 
Aran Islands
Solo swim on Inis Meáin

Then it was off to Cork City, a solo spot at Gulp'd Cafe and the next night a spot with the great Ger Wolfe at L'attitude 51 (The old Lobby Bar). Another long drive up to Tinahely in Wexford to play at the Courthouse Arts Centre then down to Gorey to play a fundraiser which Noel Pattern organised.
Tinahely
Accommodation in Tinahely

After a few days off I went back down to County Cork and once again joined John Spillane at his monthly gig at Debarras Fok Club.

Now after this I did something totally random and flew to South America, no music work this time ( however I did try). I caught up with some friends in Rio de Janeiro. And strangely enough I was sitting in a Cafe by myself and I hear a voice, 'is this seat taken sir', 'no' I replied,  only to look up and see it was an old friend I have not seen in 3 or so years. What a small world!!  I saw some great music in Rio, but not at the tourist traps of Copacabana or Ipanema, it was more in the inner suburbs where the locals go. Great vibe the Latino Music...
As a great surprise I received a gift while in Rio, a reproduction of a painting by Colombia's great artist, John Pascual Calderon Montoya. Some of John's paintings are in my CD booklet. I had a great time with the family while they were visiting Rio.

Good friends
My Rio based Colombian Friends...
Here is a review in case you missed it last time http://www.peter-miller.com/media/min7threview.pdf
Till next time!!
Regards
Peter
You can follow me on the below social network sites

reverbnation myspace twitter facebook youtube Store




No comments: